Stop listening to people who tell you there’s only ONE way to eat right.
In this episode I try to demystify the journey into plant-based eating by clearly laying out the three distinct stages of the lifestyle and explaining the natural progression of the journey.
Because once we understand that it’s a journey it becomes clear that it’s always possible to do better, and it’s never necessary to stagnate where you are. I hope this episode encourages you to experiment with the next stage in your journey!
If you’re interested in a more detailed look at a number of different dietary labels, I did a write-up about it here (includes a handy reference sheet!)
- [2:52] Stage 1: Vegetarian
- [3:48] The good things about vegetarianism
- [4:46] When to move on to the next stage?
- [6:08] Stage 2: Plant-Based/Vegan
- [6:48] Why two names for one stage?
- [8:18] What does plant-based mean?
- [9:17] What does vegan mean?
- [10:05] The good things about being vegan
- [16:01] Why move to the next stage, and how do you know you’re ready?
- [18:35] Stage 3: Whole Food Plant-Based
- [19:30] “Minimally” processed – what is minimal?
- [20:53] The point of whole food plant-based eating
- [22:13] Eating SLOW
- [27:02] Exercise for bone density.
- [28:54] Moving through the stages
- [29:51] If you’d like to find out what whole food plant-based eating can do for you, sign up to the waitlist to find out when our Return to Health program kicks off.
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.