Blueberry Breakfast Bars
- Baking Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 cups Blueberries fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 3 cups Rolled Oats divided
- 1 Banana very ripe, mashed
- 3 Tbsp Water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°F). Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, smash the blueberries using the back of a fork. Combine with the maple syrup and arrowroot powder. Set aside.
- Add half the oats to a food processor or blender to create oat flour.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and combine with the remaining rolled oats, banana and water.
- Firmly press half of the oat mixture into a thin even layer in the baking pan.
- Spread the blueberry mixture on top and then crumble the remaining oat mixture over top of the blueberry layer.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Slice and enjoy!
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is a Nutritional Coach, Cooking Teacher and Mama of Five. Her mission is to help and inspire women to create a life of optimal health by transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. She currently lives in sunny Queensland, Australia with her ‘Beardo’, five skallywags and adorable rescue dog, Lolly.