Blueberry Cobbler with Nice Cream
- 3 cups Blueberries fresh or thawed from frozen
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup Oat Flour (buy wholegrain, certified gluten free)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Mashed Banana
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Bananas frozen
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Make the Nice Cream ahead of time by freezing two large peeled bananas cut into small pieces.
- Once frozen, place in a food processor and add the vanilla.
- Process until smooth and creamy. Place in an air-tight container in the freezer to firm before serving.
- Move on to the cobbler.
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Divide the blueberries evenly between 2 x 9-inch oval baking dishes. Spread them evenly on the bottom of the baking dishes and set aside.
- Add all ingredients for the topping to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add the topping to each baking dish, dividing as you go. Gently spread the topping mixture evenly over the blueberries.
- Sprinkle a little extra coconut sugar on top of the topping mixture.
- Place the baking dishes in the oven and bake at 175°C (350°F) for approximately 40-45 minutes, or until the tops are golden.
- Remove from the oven and let the cobbler cool slightly. Top with the nice cream directly from the freezer and eat immediately.
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.