Breakfast Muesli Cups
- 6 muffin liners
- 1/2 cup banana mashed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup and 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 - 2 cups Greek style coconut yoghurt
- Handful of berries to serve
- Line 6 cups of a muffin baking tray with muffin liners.
- Mash the banana in a medium sized mixing bowl. Then add the maple syrup and almond extract. Stir to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, add oats, cinnamon and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the oat mixture to the banana mixture and stir until evenly mixed.
- Evenly distribute the mixture among the 6 muffin cups, pressing mixture into the base and up the sides of the prepared muffin cups. Refrigerate until chilled and firm, 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Remove baking tray from refrigerator and press again firmly into the base and sides of the muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set and fragrant, 12-15 minutes. Remove, and press sides of muesli into each muffin cup again with a spoon.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before removing from the tray. Carefully peel off each muffin liner and fill each cooled cup with coconut yoghurt and top with fruit.
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.