- 9" Pie Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Cooling Rack
- Hand Beaters
- 2 Flax Eggs
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Your favorite assorted fruit. Kiwis, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries all work well.
Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1 425ml can Coconut Milk Full-fat, refrigerated overnight.
- 4 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Sea Salt
Pizza Crust Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (380°F) and lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan and line it with baking paper.
- Prepare flax eggs in a medium bowl and set aside in the fridge to firm to egg-like consistency, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add rolled oats, salt, cinnamon. Combine well.
- Add the applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the medium bowl of prepared flax eggs. Whisk to combine well.
- Next add the wet ingredients into the large bowl of dry ingredients. Combine well.
- Evenly distribute the oat mixture on the bottom of the pan and press down firmly. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned. Set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes. Then remove from the pan and let the crust completely cool on a cooling rack.
- You will need a tall bowl and hand beaters or a stand mixer.
- Chill bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes just prior to beating.
- Turn chilled can upside down and open the bottom end. Pour out liquid and save for another recipe. Scoop out the solidified coconut and place in chilled bowl.
- Whip the coconut cream for 2 -3 minutes until it's fluffy and light. Add the sugar, salt and vanilla and whip for another minute. Place in the fridge if not using right away.
To Assemble the Pizza
- Layer on the coconut cream and load it up with your favorite fruit. You can make a design if you'd like. OR
- Cut the pie into individual slices with just the coconut cream and serve with the fruit on the table. That way everyone can pick their favorite combination. Enjoy!
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is a Nutritional Coach, Cooking Teacher and Mama of Five. Her mission is to help and inspire women to create a life of optimal health by transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. She currently lives in sunny Queensland, Australia with her ‘Beardo’, five skallywags and adorable rescue dog, Lolly.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.