Broccoli Salad with Tempeh Bacon Bites
This broccoli salad recipe is the best! It’s healthy, too, thanks to the delicious oil-free mayo and protein pop of tempeh. This salad is great for lunch and potlucks, with bursts of umami (bacon!) and sweetness (cranberries!) you'll definitely be coming back for more.
- First, let's assemble the ingredients.
- Separate the broccoli crowns from their thick stem. Snap the florets from the broccoli crown and pull them apart so that they are bite-size. Rinse broccoli then pat or spin dry.
- Chop red onion and toss with the broccoli, bacon bites, and cranberries in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir the mayonnaise, cider vinegar, mustard, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper together. Taste for acidity and seasoning then adjust.
- Pour two-thirds of the dressing over the broccoli and onion and mix well. If the salad seems dry, add a little more of the dressing. Let stand at least 15 minutes before serving or keep refrigerated (it should last 2 to 3 days).
Calories: 78kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 4gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 87mgPotassium: 354mgFiber: 3gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 638IUVitamin C: 91mgCalcium: 55mgIron: 1mg