Cheesy Broccoli Soup
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Yellow Onion medium, chopped
- 1 Green Capsicum large, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper medium, seeds removed and chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 6 cups Broccoli chopped into florets
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 cup Hemp Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Heat the water in a pot over medium heat. Add the onions, capsicum, jalapeno pepper, and garlic. Cook for about three to five minutes until the onions begin to soften. Season the vegetables with salt then add the broccoli and vegetable stock.
- Bring the soup to a gentle boil and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until the broccoli is very tender.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and add the hemp seeds and nutritional yeast. Carefully blend until smooth. Season the soup with additional salt or nutritional yeast to taste.
- Divide between bowls and enjoy!
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.