Cheesy Vegan Sauce
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked in boiled water for 15 mins and drained
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- First, get the ingredients together.
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Add blended sauce to a saucepan set over medium heat, whisking constantly until it thickens slightly. The sauce will continue to thicken a little once removed from heat.
- Use right away over nachos, baked potatoes, or any other way you fancy. Or store in an airtight container and place in the fridge.
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.