- Non-stick Pan
- 1 Carrot grated
- 1 Red Capsicum finely diced
- 1/2 Brown Onion finely diced
- 1 Stalk Celery finely diced
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce or substitute 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cans Butter Beans
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- Heat oil in frying pan over a medium heat, and sauté the carrot, capsicum, onion, and celery until soft – about 5 minutes.
- Add chipotle pepper or paprika and tomato paste, and stir for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add butter beans and maple syrup and stir gently until beans are warmed through. Season to taste with salt and pepper & fold in spinach until slightly wilted.
- Serve immediately over toasted sourdough. Enjoy!
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is a Nutritional Coach, Cooking Teacher and Mama of Five. Her mission is to help and inspire women to create a life of optimal health by transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. She currently lives in sunny Queensland, Australia with her ‘Beardo’, five skallywags and adorable rescue dog, Lolly.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.