Eggless Egg Salad
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl
- 500 gram Firm Tofu
- 1/2 cup Celery chopped
- 1/4 cup Red Onion diced
- 2 Gherkins sliced
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 Ripe Avocado cut into cubes
- 1 tsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1/4 tsp Kala Namak or substitute sea salt
- Place the tofu in a large bowl and mash with a fork or crumble with your hands until there are no large lumps.
- Add celery, red onion, gherkin and parsley.
- In a separate smaller bowl, make the dressing by adding all the dressing ingredients and stir until smooth. You might have to mash to get the avocado creamy.
- Pour the dressing over the tofu mixture and stir until everything is combined - you don't want to see any remaining white pieces of tofu.
- Add salt and pepper to taste if needed.
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.