- Non-stick Pan
- 700 gram Silken Tofu
- 6 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 8 Tbsp Brown Rice Flour
- 4 Tbsp Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Kala Namak (Indian Black Salt)
- Oil for frying
- Add the all ingredients (excluding oil) to a blender and blend until smooth - scraping down the sides as necessary. Set aside.
- If you are using sautéed vegetables as a filling, cook now and set aside.
- To make the omelette, add some oil to a medium-hot non-stick pan. When the pan is hot, pour some batter into the centre of the pan and try to make a circle. You want the omelette to be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cover the pan and cook for several minutes until the top looks "set" and firm.
- Add any fillings to one half of the omelette, then fold the other side over to cover the fillings. Cover the pan and cook for another couple of minutes. You'll know that the omelette is ready when the underside has turned a nice golden brown.
- Carefully transfer the omelette to a plate with a spatula and add any preferred condiments or toppings. Repeat until all the batter is used.
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is a Nutritional Coach, Cooking Teacher and Mama of Five. Her mission is to help and inspire women to create a life of optimal health by transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. She currently lives in sunny Queensland, Australia with her ‘Beardo’, five skallywags and adorable rescue dog, Lolly.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.