Hearty Chick'n Noodle Soup
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Carrots sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Celery sliced
- 1 Brown Onion diced
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 4 cups Chicken-Flavoured Stock I use Massel brand
- 1 400ml can Coconut Milk
- 100 gram Uncooked Pasta Spirals
- 1 can Chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chopped Parsley to garnish
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottom pot over medium high heat.
- Add carrot, celery, and onion along with a couple large pinches of salt and pepper. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, curry powder, ginger and turmeric. Cook for another minute, stirring frequently.
- Add a splash of chicken flavoured stock to deglaze the pan and scrape all the bits off the bottom.
- Add coconut milk, pasta, and chickpeas.
- Add remaining stock and bay leaves along with another couple large pinches of salt and pepper.
- With heat on medium high, bring soup to a simmer. Cover and turn heat to low.
- Simmer for 6-10 minutes or until pasta is just al dente.
- Stir in apple cider vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is a Nutritional Coach, Cooking Teacher and Mama of Five. Her mission is to help and inspire women to create a life of optimal health by transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. She currently lives in sunny Queensland, Australia with her ‘Beardo’, five skallywags and adorable rescue dog, Lolly.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.