Holy Moly Buddha Bowl
- 1/4 cup brown rice
For the roast veggies
- 300 g potatoes
- 2 carrots medium
- Salt and pepper to season
For the dressing
- 4 Tbsp hummus
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- Water to thin
For the bowl
- 1/2 cup lentils canned, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup beetroot canned, drained
- 2 cups fresh salad mix
- 4 Tbsp alfalfa sprouts
- Preheat oven to 200˜C (390°F) and line an oven tray with baking paper. Cook the brown rice according to the package instructions.
- Slice the potatoes into wedges and slice the carrot. Place them on the oven tray and season with some salt and paper. Bake for about 20-30 minutes, until the potatoes wedges are looking slightly brown.
- Chop the beetroot into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Make the dressing by adding all dressing ingredients to a small bowl. Stir to combine and add water until desired consistency is reached.
- When everything is cooked, assemble the bowls. Start by lining each bowl with the salad mix, divided. Then top with each ingredient and finally pour over the dressing.
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Like what you see?
If you like the look of this recipe, hit the button below and we’ll send you a free 7-day meal plan full of delicious plant-based meals!