Loaded TLT Sandwich
- Non-stick Pan
- Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper
- 1/4 Tomato
- 25 gram Lettuce
- 1/4 Avocado
- 1/3 block Tempeh
- 1 Tbsp Tamari +1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp Salt-free Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 slices Wholegrain Bread
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Slice tempeh into thin strips.
- In a frying pan, whisk together tamari, maple syrup (optional), chili powder, apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper. Place the tempeh strips in the frying pan, submerging them in the sauce. Bring to a gentle simmer until most of the sauce is absorbed into the tempeh, about ten minutes.
- Transfer the strips onto a lined baking tray, and bake for ten minutes.
- Rinse and slice tomato into thick slices. Rinse and dry lettuce leaves. Slice the avocado lengthwise all the way around the pit, then gently twist each side to open it. Scoop out the flesh and cut into slices.
- Assemble the sandwich by spreading avocado on the bread, then layering tomato slices, lettuce leaves, tempeh strips, and mayo. Enjoy!
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is a Nutritional Coach, Cooking Teacher and Mama of Five. Her mission is to help and inspire women to create a life of optimal health by transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. She currently lives in sunny Queensland, Australia with her ‘Beardo’, five skallywags and adorable rescue dog, Lolly.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.