- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Tray
- 20 White Mushrooms stems removed
- 225 gram Non-Dairy Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 140 gram Veggie Bacon
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 bunch Chives finely chopped
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Clean the mushrooms using paper towels or a mushroom brush. Follow the package directions to heat up the bacon. Chop into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, chopped bacon, garlic, chives, salt, and pepper. With a small spoon, fill the mushrooms with the cream cheese mixture (not more than 1/2-inch above the top of the mushroom).
- Place the filled mushrooms on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cream cheese starts to brown. Serve immediately and stand back (or else get trampled in the stampede).
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is a Nutritional Coach, Cooking Teacher and Mama of Five. Her mission is to help and inspire women to create a life of optimal health by transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. She currently lives in sunny Queensland, Australia with her ‘Beardo’, five skallywags and adorable rescue dog, Lolly.