Nut-Free Muesli Bars
- Baking Pan (8x8")
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 cup Medjool Dates pitted
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 1/4 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with baking paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process dates and maple syrup until they form a paste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, cranberries, pumpkin seeds and coconut.
- Add date mixture to oat mixture and mix, using your hands, until well combined. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and firmly press into an even layer.
- Chill in the freezer for about 20 minutes until firm. Remove from the freezer and lift mixture out of the pan using overhang on sides. Cut into bars and serve.
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is a Nutritional Coach, Cooking Teacher and Mama of Five. Her mission is to help and inspire women to create a life of optimal health by transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. She currently lives in sunny Queensland, Australia with her ‘Beardo’, five skallywags and adorable rescue dog, Lolly.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.