Raspberry Tapioca Pudding
- 1/3 cup small tapioca pearls
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 cup frozen raspberries thawed
- 1 Tbsp water
- 400 ml full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- fresh raspberries
- pistachios chopped
- Soak the tapioca pearls in the plant milk for an hour.
- While the tapioca soaks, add the raspberries and water to a blender. Blend until smooth and pureed.
- Pour puree through a fine-mesh strainer set over a medium-size bowl. Stir and push on the solids with the back of a rubber spatula until all the liquid has been extracted. This will take several minutes as the mixture will be thick. Discard the seeds.
- When the tapioca pearls have soaked, transfer the mixture (including any unabsorbed liquid) into a saucepan and add raspberry liquid, coconut milk, sweetener, vanilla, and salt.
- Bring contents to a boil on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes continuing to stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow the pudding to cool.
- Portion into glasses or bowls, and eat warm or chill overnight. Either way, add some fresh raspberries and chopped pistachio nuts just before eating and enjoy!
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.