Sesame Soba Noodle Salad
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Large Pot (x2)
- Serving Bowl
- 170 gram Soba Noodles gluten-free
- 2 cups Frozen Shelled Edamame
- 3 cups Sugar Snap Peas sliced in half lengthwise
- 6 Carrots peeled into ribbons (or julienned)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander chopped
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 1 Small Lime juiced
- 1 Tbsp White Miso
- 2 tsp Ginger freshly grated
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper or Chili Flakes
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl until emulsified. Set aside.
- Bring two big pots of water to a boil. In the meantime, toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan.
- When water is boiling, cook the soba noodles in one pot according to package directions. Drain and briefly rinse under cool water. Set aside.
- Cook the edamame in the other pot until warmed through (about 4 to 6 minutes) but before draining, toss the halved sugar snaps into the boiling edamame water and cook for an additional 20 seconds. Drain.
- Combine the soba noodles, edamame, snap peas and carrots in a large serving bowl. Pour in the dressing and toss. Toss in the chopped coriander and toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.