Vegetable Moroccan Tagine
- 2 Medium Brown Onions peeled, chopped
- 10 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Large Carrots peeled, cubed
- 2 Large Potatoes peeled, cubed
- 2 cups Pumpkin peeled, cubed
- 1 Tbsp Harissa Spice Blend
- 3/4 tsp Ground Coriander
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 2 cups Canned Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Dried Apricot chopped
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 cups Cooked Chickpeas
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley
- Salt to taste
- In a large soup pot or Dutch Oven, heat 2-3 tablespoons of water over medium heat and add onions and increase heat to medium-high. Sauté for 5 minutes, adding more water as needed to prevent sticking and stir regularly.
- Add garlic and all the chopped veggies. Season with spices. Toss to combine, then cook for 5 to 7 minutes on medium-high heat, mixing regularly.
- Add tomatoes, apricot and stock. Taste, add salt as required.
- Keep the heat on medium-high, and cook for 10 minutes. Then reduce heat, cover and simmer for another 20 to 25 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Stir in chickpeas and cook for another 5 minutes on low heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and fresh parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more salt or harissa spice blend to your liking.
- Transfer to serving bowls. Serve hot with your favourite bread, couscous, or rice.
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.