- Large Frying Pan
- Pastry Brush
- Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper
- 4 Potatoes diced into 1cm cubes
- 2 Carrots diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 Large Swede diced into 1cm cubes
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 Large Onion chopped
- 3 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk +2 Tbsp extra
- 1/2 Lemon (Juice from)
- Salt and Pepper
- 5 sheets Vegan Shortcrust Pastry Sheets
- Sesame Seeds
- Boil, steam or microwave potatoes, carrots and swede until tender.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and saute onion until lightly browned. Add curry powder and stir until fragrant. Add cooked vegetables and frozen peas and mix well. Mix in almond milk, lemon juice, coriander and seasoning. Cool 10 mins.
- Heat oven to 420°F (220°C). Separate pastry sheets onto bench and leave until thawed and flexible. Cut each sheet into 4. Brush edges with the extra almond milk. Spoon 2 Tbsp of vegetable mix onto the right side of the square. Fold over the left side and seal around the edges with a fork. Place each parcel on a baking paper lined tray. Repeat with each square. Brush with reserved extra almond milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 mins or until golden brown. Serve with tomato sauce or chutney.
Photos by Amber Asakura
Gabrielle is an evidence-based vegan coach who believes that health transformation begins when you switch to a plant-based diet. Her mission is to help midlife women eat in alignment with who they are and what they value so that they can lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Sign up for a weekly dose of evidence-based info + free recipes
Written by Gabrielle (hi!), these e-mails will help you on your plant-based journey with useful tips, tricks, facts and inspiration – and perhaps the occasional inappropriate joke thrown in for good measure.